The world is in the grip of a pandemic that has changed how we all live our lives. During this scary situation, many businesses have had to close their stores to reduce Coronavirus’s spread.
Dentists, alongside other healthcare providers, remain open to provide the essential treatments that patients need.
Dental care doesn’t stop for anything, not even a global pandemic. That doesn’t mean that everything carries on as usual; instead, dentists have to adapt to the situation to ensure that every patient receives safe care.
At Pleasant Family Dentistry, we’re deeply committed to providing our patients with the best possible dental treatment. That’s why we’ve put measures in place to ensure your safety during this challenging situation. Read on to find out more about what we’re doing to ensure your dental and overall health are protected.
Coronavirus can live on surfaces for several days, depending on various factors, including the humidity and type of surface. As such, we’re committed to keeping our clinic completely clean and sanitary. A professional cleaning team visits our South Carolina clinic every day to thoroughly clean and disinfect it. They clean every surface, and our team supports them throughout the day by taking extra care and cleaning every instrument and space thoroughly after each patient has left.
Checking The Temperatures Of Our Team
Our patients and our valued staff’s safety is our top priority right now, which is why we temperature check every team member before every shift. If they show any virus symptoms, they cannot return to the clinic until they have recovered completely. Our team is receiving exceptional care and support throughout the pandemic, so you can rest assured that they will be back as soon as it is safe.
Asking Screening Questions Of Every Patient
Every patient will receive a screening questionnaire before their appointment. It will ask you various questions about your physical health and the places you have visited before your appointment. If our expert team deems that you might be at risk of carrying the virus, we will inform you and reschedule your appointment. We appreciate that this can be disappointing, but it’s not only for your health but also for the well-being of our team, your fellow patients, and our community as a whole.
Advice For Patients
To help us to help you, please be considerate during the pandemic. Here are some simple ways to do your bit to ensure that our vital services are available to everyone who needs them.
- We’ve reduced our hours throughout May, so we ask that you remain patient.
- If your situation is urgent, please let a team member know, and we will try to help how we can.
- If you show symptoms of Coronavirus, please do not come to the clinic. Cancel your appointment and rebook it once your symptoms have passed or your healthcare provider has given you the all-clear.
- If, for any reason, you cannot make your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can give it to another patient.
- Sit or stand at least two meters away from other patients while you wait for your appointment.
- Visit the clinic alone: please do not bring members of your household unless it is essential.
- Follow all the instructions that our team gives you.
- If you experience any Coronavirus symptoms after your appointment, please alert the clinic so we can take the necessary precautions.
- Please be polite and courteous; our team is working very hard to support you, and we deserve respect and manners.
The future looks uncertain, but one thing you can rely on is Pleasant Family Dentistry. We remain committed to keeping you and your loved ones healthy and happy all year round.
If you want to find out more about our Invisalign and sleep apnea treatments or book an appointment, please visit the clinic unannounced. Get in touch, and a member of our team will be happy to help!